This Season Lent Me An Idea


    
As a Muslim, it seems to reason that I have even the most hazy understanding of what the Lenten season entails. I became acquainted with that religious issue after conducting study on the internet. It's the season of preparation for the Lord's Resurrection at Easter, and I'm well acquainted with the events of "Ash Wednesday," "Easter Sunday," and "Holy Thursday." I just didn't realize it was called the Lenten Season. Now that I think about it, I've seen a number of individuals apply a black material shaped like a cross on their foreheads previously, and I've also heard a lot of people murmur the term "kwaresma." I've seen my classmates, friends, and relatives go before when I was younger.

   When a religious event occurred in my primary school, I was frequently kept out because the school was physically directly next to a chapel. Every two months or so, a priest visits our school and organizes a mass for the pupils. When this happens, it is usually during my free period at school. There was that one occasion when all of my students went to Ash Wednesday, leaving me alone in the classroom with my two non-Catholic classmates. friends. When they get off, I've noticed them avoiding their favorite foods, and from what I've seen, they prefer to avoid meat. 
According to my research, they also abstain from luxury and tend to real inner heart conversion as they attempt to follow Christ's will more sincerely. As previously said, fasting and abstinence are traditional practices of Catholics; some people only eat one meal a day, while others abstain from eating meat on Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, and all Fridays of Lent. "Senakulo" is a traditional performance depicting Jesus Christ's suffering and death; this custom is observed in many provinces, including Marinduque. The practice of visiting seven churches and reciting the Stations of the Cross is known as Visita Iglesia. It is generally performed on Maundy Thursday or Good Friday.

    Because the Philippines is so rich in culture and history, every event in the country appears to be fun and colorful. Because of the ongoing epidemic, the traditional style of lent and providing sacrifice during this season has altered dramatically, but the sincerity and pure goal of these activities is what I greatly enjoy and respect. Lent is more than simply a yearly tradition; it is a time to remember and reflect on Jesus Christ's suffering, death, and resurrection for the people.

Online Sources:

Lent - Wikipedia 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lent

Lent | Definition, History & Practices, Encyclopedia Britannica
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Lent#:~:text=Lent%2C%20in%20the%20Christian%20church,he%20began%20his%20public%20ministry.

Image Sources:

https://www.ucanews.com/uploads/2021/02/check-602cb0bee128d_600.jpeg
https://philnews.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/senakulo-1200x900.jpg



Comments

  1. Hi Aamer! I like how you presented your idea about Lenten Season even though you are a Muslim. Keep up the great work :3!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts