COVID on Academics: Not Great, Not Terrible Either


Many private and public schools had to close because to the COVID-19 Pandemic that swept the Philippines. Every student is prohibited from attending school, with the exception of instructors and school administrators, who must occasionally attend seminars and work on the preparation of online lessons. Students may struggle to understand some elements of academic lectures if schools are closed because they are unable to ask questions or because they are unable to hear the teacher adequately due to network issues. Most students have little or no access to the internet, and may I remind you that the Philippines has one of the worst download/upload speeds in the world.

To be honest, the internet is far more beneficial because it is such a vast resource where nearly any piece of information can be discovered in great detail. For example, I've learnt a lot more about politics, documentaries, movie analyses, and a lot more via the internet. I occasionally include some of what I've learned from YouTube videos or movies into my modular lessons by chance. There are even channels that serve as a form of education for us. I also use the internet to rant and argue random people, increasing my vocabulary, grammar, and critical thinking skills. In addition, I communicate often with my close friends online, allowing me to maintain my social skills. The disadvantage is that I am unable to engage in physical activity or conduct scientific research, but you can see all of that on YouTube.

Overall, the pandemic has had a negative impact on our school achievement, but it has enhanced my understanding. Poorer individuals, including myself, would suffer, but as a student, I can handle it. Don't worry about relationships or cyberbullies; just do whatever makes you happy and broadcast it to the entire world.

Comments

Popular Posts